We’ve put together a wedding checklist to use in the lead up to your big day. It’s incredibly easy to overlook something when you have so many suppliers, service providers, venues and individuals to deal with on almost a daily basis. We hope you find our checklist helpful during your preparations.
First Things First
So you’ve just gotten engaged and you’re looking forward to planning all of the details for your big day. These are the very first things you should do in the planning process:
- Choose a date.
- Get organised with a binder, folder or specially designed wedding planner to keep all of your notes, dates, payments and plans up to date.
- Decide on your best man, maid of honour, flower girls, pageboys and the rest of the bridal party.
- If you decide to hire a wedding planner to assist you, now is the time to do that.
- Decide on a realistic budget and stick to it.
- Visit your ideal venues and book as soon as possible.
- Confirm the date with your priest or registrar.
Looking the Part
Once you have the initial planning completed, it’s now time to start researching and booking all of the wedding suppliers you’re going to need on the day.
- Buy the wedding rings!
- Bridal dress – this is one of the first things you should be looking at after the initial planning stages have been completed. A bespoke wedding dress can take months of fittings and alterations so be prepared in advance for this.
- Dress the bridesmaids and the groomsmen – Once yourself and your intended have been suited and booted, it’s now time to get your bridal party kitted out.
Suppliers, Suppliers, Suppliers!
Who ever thought there was so much to planning a wedding?? Below you will find a comprehensive list of suppliers you need to get in touch with, research and book well in advance of your wedding.
- The wedding entertainment – band, DJ, church singers, musicians etc.
- The wedding stationery (that’s us!) – invites, RSVP’s, save the date cards, mass booklets and more.
- Florist – bouquets for the bride and bridesmaids, buttonholes for the gents, flowers for the mothers of the bride and groom, décor for the church/civil ceremony and reception venue.
- Car Hire.
- Entertainment extras – for those of you who want a little extra entertainment on the big day – magicians, caricaturists, singing chefs and waiters, fireworks, sweet carts and photo booths.
- Hair and makeup appointments
- Beauty treatments – tan, nails, wraps and facemasks
- Décor and event styling
- Gifts – gifts for the bride and groom from each other and gifts for the bridal party and parents.
- Organise your honeymoon
- Children – for the children at the wedding it’s a good idea to keep them entertained in any way you can. Perhaps also organise a child-minder to come along for the day.
It’s a lot to take in! We’ve been looking after peoples wedding stationery for a long time now, and have a lot of insight to share. If you need any advice just give us a call, we’re here to help!